Episode 23: Organizing Your Kitchen w/ Emma Anderson
Welcome back to The Slim & Satisfied Podcast!
Today, I am joined by professional organizer, Emma Anderson. Emma works with women, particularly moms, to help them create systems for themselves and their families in their homes designed to eliminate overwhelm and establish a better sense of peace. Today, she shares with us how organizing your home (but specifically your kitchen) can help you to better meet your healthy eating goals.
Emma explains how organization and the accomplishment of goals are closely linked. From her experience, she has found that when someone is organized, they are more likely to achieve the goals they have set for themselves. This is because organization allows you to create more space and therefore more opportunity, it can reduce the overwhelm of clutter that adds stress to the environment, and it trains the brain to be more decisive.
Emma also outlines the 4 areas to focus on when organizing the kitchen that will best encourage healthy eating habits. These include:
- Dishes: Keep only what you need to better streamline your eating
- Pantry: Decant the food/ remove it from the container whenever possible
- Countertops: Use these to keep your goals visible
- Fridge: Reorganize according to your goals and keep healthy foods at eye-level
Emma shares advice for ways to begin organizing these spaces and the payoff of doing so. Rather than diving in all at once, however, she encourages us to recognize which area contributes to their biggest weakness in the kitchen and begin there. By doing so, you’ll be able to create a consistent system of organization that can then continue to be built upon in the future.
What You’ll Learn in This Podcast Episode:
- How organization influences decision making
- Ways to begin integrating systems and organizational processes into your daily life
- Advice for those who are indecisive on how to begin decluttering their lives
- Tips for how to create a kitchen that is organized according to your healthy eating goals
Emma’s website: Live Life Organized with Emma
Join Emma on IG: @llo_with_emma
Questions? Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join me on IG: @dafna_chazin