Episode 14: Getting Started w/ Plant Based Eating
Thanks for tuning in to another episode of the Slim & Satisfied podcast with me, Dafna Chazin. In today’s episode, I sat down with Rosemary Logue, a good friend and fellow registered dietitian with over 30 years of experience in the nutrition and wellness space. Rosemary is a weight loss expert and participant in the Ornish Lifestyle Medicine Program to reverse heart disease.
She and I discuss a popular topic, which happens to be one of her fortes, plant-based eating. We spoke about what it means to eat in a plant-forward way, the numerous benefits of this approach and how it can be of particular help for women trying to lose weight. Rosemary broke down some specific health benefits of plant-based diets:
- Prevention of heart disease
- Reduced risk of cancers associated with hormone imbalance
- Lower blood pressure
- Lower lipid profiles
- Improved emotional wellbeing
Rosemary also shared some tips on how to get started eating a plant-based diet. Here are the highlights:
- Add bulk to your meals with whole grains and legumes.
- Try using “bowls” as meals.
- Take time to shop and prepare your food.
- Keep it simple and just eat more plants! You can’t go wrong.
We then spoke about the principles of the Ornish program and what it truly means to lead a healthy lifestyle. Rosemary shared some incredible examples and resources that will make it quick and easy to start following an eating plan that includes more plants and less processed foods.
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
In today’s episode, Rosemary shares with us some insight and information regarding plant-based eating, its benefits, and how to get started. You’ll learn why this eating style is always going to be “on trend” and is truly beneficial for a wide variety of women.
- Misfits Market – cool place to find veggies with character!
- To get in touch with Rosemary click here
- My FREE PCOS Meal Prep Starter Kit which includes a 3-day anti-inflammatory meal plan complete with recipes and shopping list as well as my 3-step process to detoxifying your kitchen. Grab your copy here: www.dafnachazin.com/pcosplan
- Get in touch! email@example.com